Everyone is enamoured with the shiny new social channel (you know — the one with the ghost) and along with the major players,sometimes channels like Vine get lost in the shuffle. For some the (now) 15 second looping videos were a head scratcher. What could you do in such a short amount of time?
But as pretty much all of the social platforms are now introducing quick video clips, Vine seems to make far more sense, and looks a little like a pioneer in the land of TL/DR.
So with that in mind, here are few cool things you may not know about Vine:
- Vine has over 200 million monthly active users (as of 2015)
- 71% of Vine users fall into that sought after Millennial audience
- Vine sees more than 1.5 billion loops PER DAY!
- Vine now allows you to cut and edit your Vines, add music and post directly to Twitter, Tumblr and Facebook. And as of this month you can use Vines as an animated Facebook profile image.
- Vine has a growing stable of stars (Viners) that have followings well into the millions. Logan Paul has 9.2 million followers and chances are you’ve never heard of him.
So before you summarily write off Vine as to niche or to fringe or to small for your brand, consider it might be an untapped opportunity to reach a new audience. And if you’re dismissing it, chances are your competitors are too, which sounds like the perfect opening to get out ahead.