Digital Group Director, Integrated Media
ruckus is an in-house digital agency at APEX PR – one of the Globe & Mail’s Top 400 Fastest Growing Companies. ruckus has strong entrepreneurial roots, big agency expertise and a nimble boutique culture with lots of hustle. We work with some of the most challenging brands and have produced award-winning work with many of them. We’re faced with new challenges every day and because we’re independently owned, we don’t have corporate overlords to placate. So, if you like being your own boss and not having “New York” breathing down your neck, this might be the place for you.
ruckus Digital is seeking a Group Director, Integrated Media to join our fabulous team.
You love your clients, building relationships and winning new mandates. You have significant experience with digital content planning having also touched social networks (including paid), email marketing, search/display, inter-agency planning, strategy development, mobile, video execution and website builds. You’re organized and you routinely adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines. You have a strong point of view, enjoy working collaboratively with the creative team, concepting the best ideas, and delivering top-notch execution. You can roll up your sleeves, function collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and constantly test, optimize and elevate the work created.
What you’ll do
(Analytic, Strategic and Planning Abilities)
- Identify and support the organic development of incremental business within existing client portfolios
- Proactively look to build the practice with new client acquisitions
- Continuously explore, internalize and share with the team creative ideas, best-practices, learnings and opportunities
- Develop tailored processes to address business challenges based on the client, opportunity, and desired outcome
- Display marketing curiosity and willingness to push your own thinking and the agency’s work in new directions
(Client Relationship Management)
- Demonstrate confidence and industry expertise as the day-to-day voice of the agency
- Act as our clients’ strategic partner and expert in digital marketing, customer journey-based marketing and marketing personalization
- Showcase thought leadership by delivering insight and POVs beyond the brief
- Challenge the status quo for the best results for the agency and the client
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of, and be conversant in clients’ businesses – their key issues, competitive situation and industry trends
(Staff and Project Leadership)
- Lead internal meetings to identify the right resources to solve the client challenge
- Work collaboratively with project teams and provide valuable feedback (as the voice of the client) at each stage of the project
- Oversee the development of all client presentations
- Working with project management, have accountability over program budgets and profitability
What you have
- A minimum of 8+ years of Digital/PR/Marketing experience (Ideally in a client service role in a digital agency environment, as well as account and people management experience)
- Self-motivated with quantifiable success in new business development and/or retaining and growing client portfolios
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and business principles
- Proven success leading team-based projects
- Strong understanding of the current media landscape (especially digital and social) and understand how to apply that understanding to holistic and integrated solutions for brands
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills: time-management, working to critical paths, budgeting, delegating, facilitating meetings, multi-tasking, attention to detail, follow up, etc.
- Love building relationships and getting to know your clients!
We want to meet great people who are interested in working in a growing privately-owned agency where culture matters, and curiosity is valued. Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ruckus welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation to participate in this recruitment, please contact email@example.com