Digital Intern Coordinator
ruckus Digital is a fiercely independent Canadian digital marketing communications agency. We’re especially motivated by agile, creative and edgy thinking and work best when tackling the unconventional. We play hard and we work hard, which is why we were named IABC/Toronto boutique digital agency of the year!
The Opportunity For You:
ruckus Digital is looking for a detail-oriented, hands-on Digital Intern Coordinator to join our team. This role will work directly with our Vice Presidents, to help build and actively cultivate online communities of consumers across multiple social media channels.
The ideal candidate must have a strong understanding of social media, the role digital plays, community building, analytics, and excellent writing skills. Additionally, the candidate should appreciate and consider the impact that technology, culture, business trends, brand, and user behaviours have on a business and its audiences.
- Post social media content on appropriate channels according to provided marketing plans. Content may be posted on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, SnapChat, YouTube, Google+, WordPress (or other CMS)
- Assist with managing communities for several key brands including:
- Answer consumer questions
- Engage with consumer-provided content
- Working with clients on questionable consumer interactions and media requests
- Seek out influencers and actively engage consumers to inspire and motivate them to share information and talk about the brand
- Participate in real time community conversations on behalf of the brand
- Assist the strategy team in conducting research and analytics for key brands
- Assist the strategy team in building PowerPoint presentations
- Provide insights gained from community interactions with the internal Client Service team
- Proactively identify opportunities for user-generated content
- Be the gatekeeper for all content – ensuring all content is proofread, approved and applicable before posting
- Stay up-to-date and socially relevant and actively provide the team with trends reports
- Bachelors Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or other related fields
- Some experience in community management
- Understanding of social media tools and management systems preferred (listening tools and analytics platforms a plus such as Sprout Social, Simple Measured, Google Surveys etc.)
- Understanding of the social media universe, including experience with YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Tumblr, Google+, WordPress, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (strong knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel is preferred)
- Excel at research, and be able to identify threats and opportunities in social media content
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple projects concurrently and balance changing and/or competing priorities
- Detail oriented and ‘take ownership’ attitude with the ability to work in a team environment
We want to meet great people who are interested in working in a start-up environment where culture matters and curiosity is valued. Send your resume to: email@example.com.
ACCOMMODATIONS: ruckus welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation to participate in this recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.