We’re looking for a Senior Social Strategist
Are you tired of clunky, awkward social media content that seems to speak to no one at all? Ever thought you could do better? Here’s your chance to prove it. At ruckus, we help brands tell a better story on their social channels. Our dedicated teams are built for today’s evolved story telling – real-time natives with PR know-how and big creative ideas that work in the real-time world of social media. And here’s your chance to be a part of that team.
As the social media landscape matures, brands and clients are looking for more detailed and results-driven digital activations. The social media world has evolved beyond the channels like Facebook and Twitter – it’s now what you’re saying not just where you’re saying it. This is the rationale behind ruckus: to work with brands to find their stories and develop them into rich, engaging content across owned and paid channels.
What’s the gig:
ruckus is looking for a Senior Social Strategist to join our growing team. Reporting to the Managing Director, this position will combine amazing creativity with storytelling, analytics measurement and community management. You will develop content and social strategies backed up with research and insights, not happenstance. The role collaborates closely with the firm’s lines of business and practices.
How you can help us grow:
- You’re a digital native – you understand, not only how the channels work – but also how brands can use them as a successful marketing tool.
- You also recognize and appreciate the need to be timely and strategic with social engagement, knowing when to jump into a conversation and when to sit it out.
- You understand the pace, tools, venues, conferences and platforms available to develop and share our points of view, creating engagement and relationships with our target audience.
- You can take your readers on a journey through creative narratives that explain business value in a simple way. You have killer instincts when it comes to integrating both digital and tangible assets to unfold these stories. Whether you are crafting for a client, business or creative audience, your stories engage and dazzle.
- You are a magnet and your colleagues/client’s will love collaborating with you. You are able to work across a diverse group of peers, practitioners and executive leaders to capture and translate ideas into thought leadership that fuels the demand generation engine.
- Developing content for the right industry is part of your DNA – you know how to construct and share stories in a way that grabs industry influencer’s attention. Keeping your fingers on the pulse of the marketplace energizes you as you think about how to syndicate the firm’s thought leadership.
- You’re excited to grow a business from the ground up.
- You will work seamlessly with our PR partner APEX to coordinate communications and extend reach.
What you bring to the table:
- Can translate the expertise of multiple disciplines (e.g. human factors, brand, product, service design, business strategy, engineering, etc.) into client and marketplace relevance.
- Fluency in digital, web and emerging technology.
- Strong writing and copy editing skills, grounded in a marketing context. When applying, please include examples of work that showcase your creative and business writing and digital portfolio.
- Well versed in the language and needs of a robust marketing organization (agency experience an asset).
- Strong creative mind-set with a passion for design, innovation and technology; share original and new ideas.
- A fundamental knowledge of paid social and digital tools (Facebook and Twitter ad platforms).
- Communicate exceptionally through words, pictures and stories and sell an idea/concept into a client
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 – 7+ years of experience in a marketing, publishing and writing function.
- Understand the mechanics of communication and public relations.
- Ability to thrive in and manage ambiguity; curious, emphatic and energetic.
Not required but really helpful:
- Intimate knowledge and use of social channels (all of them)
- Google Ad Words and SEO/SEM
- Analytics and Metrics (Google, Sysomos, etc.)
- Knowledge of Photoshop, In Design, Adobe suite of products
- HTML and CSS
- Video production skills
We want to meet great people who are interested in working in a start-up environment where culture matters and curiosity is valued.
Send your resume/info on your ruckus making habits to: email@example.com