ruckus Digital is a fiercely independent Canadian digital marketing communications agency. We’re especially motivated by agile, creative and edgy thinking and work best when tackling the unconventional. We play hard and we work hard, which is why we were named IABC/Toronto boutique digital agency of the year!
The Opportunity For You:
ruckus Digital is looking for a detail-oriented, hands-on Digital Marketing and Creative Intern to join our team. This PAID role will work directly with our Vice Presidents, to help build and actively cultivate online communities of individuals across multiple social media channels.
The ideal candidate must have a strong understanding of social media, the role digital plays, community building, analytics, and excellent writing skills. Additionally, the candidate should appreciate and consider the impact that technology, culture, business trends, brand, and user behaviours have on a business and its audiences.
- Post social media content daily on appropriate APEX and ruckus Digital channels according to provided marketing plans. Content may be posted on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Edit and post to APEX, ruckus and CMOLab websites
- Work with the podcasting team to socialize The Pivot podcast across various podcasting platforms
- Assisting with managing communities for several key brands including:
- Answering consumer questions
- Engaging with consumer-provided content
- Working with clients on consumer interactions and media requests
- Seek out influencers and actively engage consumers to inspire and motivate them to share information and talk about the brand or organization
- Participate in real time community conversations on behalf of the brand or organization
- Assist the strategy team in conducting research and analytics for key brands and organizations
- Assist the strategy team building PowerPoint presentations
- Provide insights gained from community interactions with the internal Client Service team
- Proactively identify opportunities for user-generated content
- Stay up-to-date and socially relevant and actively provide the team with trends reports
- Drafting content for a wide range of communication materials across multiple channels, including web copy, social media, promotional material, presentations, reports, stories and other digital content
- Proofreading, updating, and fact-checking communication materials, ensuring a consistent brand voice in all external and internal communications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or other related fields
- Understanding social media tools and management systems preferred (listening tools and analytics platforms such as Sprout Social, Simply Measured, Google Surveys etc.)
- Understanding of the social media universe, including experience with YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, LinkedIn, WordPress, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (strong knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel is preferred)
- Excel at research, and be able to identify threats and opportunities in social media content
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple projects concurrently and balance changing and/or competing priorities
- Detail oriented and ‘take ownership’ attitude with the ability to work in a team environment
We want to meet great people who are interested in working in a start-up environment where culture matters and curiosity is valued. Send your resume to: email@example.com
ruckus welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation to participate in this recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org