We’re Hiring! Community and Content Manager
ruckus Digital is seeking a Community and Content Manager to join a vibrant and independent communications agency with amazing clients such as DoorDash, Roku, RE/MAX, New Balance, Ubisoft, and Walmart.
In this role, you will oversee all client social media brand pages, working closely with our Account Managers and Social Strategists, as well integrating with our sister agency APEX PR, to assist creating content, manage our social media channels, and helping to build online and offline communities to help shape our client’s brand identity. In this role you’ll use your extensive knowledge of social media, the latest trends, and creativity to elevate campaign and brand strategies for our clients. You’ll play a crucial role in the overall success of our agency and our client’s brands.
What you’ll do:
• Work with social strategists and client in the creation of original and dynamic content for several social platforms according to the strategies implemented for each brand within portfolio
• Develop copy for content calendars and assist in the production of content for channels (using Canva, Photoshop or Illustrator)
• Conduct social media monitoring on a daily basis, and proactively highlight opportunities for deeper engagement and interaction
• Collaborate on regular performance reporting, providing perspective on nuances of results
• Manage crisis situations quickly and effectively on different social platforms
• Organize and execute social media contests to boost audience interaction
• Manage translation requests for strategists
• Contribute insights to the development of content strategies based on audience insights and trends seen on client channels
• Ability to decipher information using data & measurement tools and contribute to monthly reporting alongside the social strategist
• Take an active role in fostering a culture of continual learning, taking risks without the fear of making mistakes.
What we are looking for:
• 2-3 years of professional experience with community management/social media platforms – agency experience preferred, but not required.
• Experience and knowledge with Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
• Graphic design or multimedia editing skills are an asset
• Remain on the pulse of social media trends, ecosystem changes, and best practices
• Ability to translate direction from internal leadership and external clients into social media deliverables.
• Experience with Canva, Photoshop, Brandwatch, Sprout Social, Meltwater, or equivalent social management platforms
• Copywriting experience
• Experience with Microsoft programs, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent time management skills, you know how to juggle multiple projects at once and you’re comfortable moving from one brand to the next
• Must have a university degree, or college diploma, in a relevant field such as marketing, business, public relations, communications, and/or have equivalent work experience
We have a hybrid work model, and this role will be required to be in the office 2-3 days a week at our office at Bloor and Church. You may need to also work onsite at events or a client’s location.
APEX/ruckus offers a competitive benefits package and this role has a salary range of $55,000-75,000 depending on level of experience. This is an opportunity to work with the best Digital and PR teams in the business. We offer learning, development and mentorship so that our team can grow and we can promote from within where possible.
APEX PR encourages applications from People of Colour, Indigenous peoples, people from LGBTQ2+ communities, persons with disabilities and individuals from other diverse communities.
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on APEX Public Relations, visit www.apexpr.com.
We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.