#Paid – ruckus Digital Looking for Digital Intern Coordinator, Community Management & Copywriting
APEX Public Relations/ruckus Digital is seeking a Digital Intern Coordinator, Community Management & Copywriting to join a vibrant and independent communications agency. You will be responsible for helping us develop content for our amazing clients through engaging copy, exciting creative, and monitoring/managing brand social channels. The role will include calendar management/development (writing social post captions and selecting relevant post visuals), content scheduling and publishing, content monitoring/engagement (responding to inquiries and engaging within comments), and strategic social listening.
What you’ll do:
- Bring content calendars to life in collaboration with the ruckus Digital Team.
- Adopt brand language and tone of voice, and represent brands across all public-facing channels (including but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Write compelling and on-strategy copy for always-on social channels.
- Manage online communities across multiple accounts concurrently.
- Schedule, monitor and respond to social media posts and the community, escalating issues to the appropriate stakeholders as needed.
- Assist with report development to help guide how to adjust content to optimize for strong results.
- Keep informed on social platform updates and changes and their applications and identify opportunities for our clients to jump on trending content.
- Celebrate diversity of thought and have an open mindset.
- Take an active role in fostering a culture of continual learning, taking risks without the fear of making mistakes.
What we are looking for:
- 1 year writing and community management experience; strong writing portfolio preferred.
- Education in Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- Experience drafting social posts, working with editorial and content calendars.
- Agility and adaptability to pivot priorities—no two working days are the same.
- Proficiency of social media listening and publishing tools such as Sprout Social.
- Demonstrated curiosity and enthusiasm to learn and solve problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cultural trends and brands on social.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accountability.
Innate desire to share knowledge to help others grow (peers, community).
We have a hybrid work model, and this role will be required to be in the office 4 days a week. You may need to also work onsite at events or a client’s location.
In addition to pay, APEX Public Relations/ruckus Digital also offers a cell phone/internet and travel allowance to our interns. This is an opportunity to work with the best Digital and PR teams in the business. We offer learning, development and mentorship so that our team can grow and we can promote from within where possible.
APEX Public Relations/ruckus Digital encourages applications from People of Colour, Indigenous peoples, people from LGBTQ2+ communities, persons with disabilities and individuals from other diverse communities.
We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.