Hiring: Senior Digital Media Strategist
Position Overview and Responsibilities
As a Senior Digital Media Strategist at ruckus Digital, you understand the nuances and complexities of digital marketing and communication. You’re equal parts strategist and opportunist. You’re able to take client goals and translate them into executable tactics that make sense in a social environment. You have a strong understanding of the nuances between major and emerging social platforms and how to identify the right fit for client campaigns. And you understand how social media fits into the broader communications mix and can make and execute on recommendations that tie into a larger marketing strategy.
But above all, you’re a team player, creative thinker, and passionate about all thing digital.
- Work with account teams and clients to develop and execute digital strategies to best reach target audiences
- Contribute towards paid strategy development and execution, including SEM, social media, programmatic, influencer, display, and native advertising
- Work with internal teams to implement owned, earned and paid activations and ensure they stay on strategy (i.e. monthly content calendar creation, community management efforts, creative asset development)
- Oversee the day-to-day management of strategic projects and deliverables
- Ensure copy and creative assets match up to a client’s voice, tone and brand guidelines Proactively manage clients’ budgets and paid media spends
- Identify reactive opportunities to capitalize on trending topics or content formats for clients
- Ability to report on KPIs, while contributing meaningful insights based on data
- Contribute towards the evolution of the agency’s roster of digital offering
- Working with and mentoring junior staff
- 5 + years’ experience in social and digital media strategy
- Experience working in a fast-paced agency environment
- Experience detecting, communicating and mitigating potential negative or crisis situations
- Comfortable multi-tasking and prioritizing, with the ability to deliver results under tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills including writing, editing, proofreading, and presentation
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Project management skills, including the ability to create and adhere to timelines and schedules
- Experience with Sprout Social, Canva or back-end of social platforms for campaign management is valued.
ruckus Digital is committed to offering competitive pay for the role and experience that the candidate brings. This is an opportunity to work with the best digital team in the business. We offer learning, development and mentorship so that our team can grow, and we can promote from within where possible.
In addition to comprehensive health and dental benefits, APEX offers a wellness allowance, and a cell phone/internet allowance. We also prioritized taking care of our team through transparency, staff events, continued learning and a company-wide bonus structure.
APEX has a hybrid work model where we work 2 days in office (client dependent). We feel that this model promotes creativity, collaboration, especially with junior staff, and professional development while still giving employees the flexibility of remote work.
To apply, please e-mail your résumé to email@example.com
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ruckus Digital is dedicated to employment equity and welcomes diversity in the workplace. We recognize that the best candidate may not meet all of the criteria listed above. We encourage all those interested and with relevant experience to apply even if they don’t match the job posting perfectly. We welcome diverse, out-of-the-box thinking, and we strive to provide an environment for learning, growth and innovation.
If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.