Digital Coordinator, Community Management & Copywriting
APEX Public Relations/ruckus Digital is seeking a Digital Coordinator, Community Management & Copywriting to join a vibrant and independent communications agency. As the Digital Coordinator, Community Management & Copywriting you will be responsible for helping us tell develop content for our amazing clients through engaging copy and monitoring/managing brand social channels. The role will include calendar management/development (writing social post captions and selecting relevant post visuals), content scheduling and publishing, content monitoring/engagement (responding to inquiries and engaging within comments), and strategic social listening.
What you’ll do:
• Bring Social Media Playbook and content calendars to life in collaboration with the ruckus Digital Team
• Plan out relevant content and topics based on client campaigns/activities and timely events
• Adopt brand language and tone of voice, and represent brands across all public-facing channels (including but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
• Write compelling and on-strategy copy for always-on social channels
• Manage communities across multiple accounts concurrently
• Schedule, monitor and respond to social media posts and the community, escalating issues to the appropriate stakeholders as needed
• Assist with report development to help guide how to adjust content to optimize for strong results
• Keep informed on social platform updates and changes and their applications
• Identify and respond to ad hoc content and engagement opportunities
• Schedule and publish social media posts
• Create campaign pulse reports/hindsight decks
• Challenge the status quo by consistently identifying areas for improvement, diagnosing issues and working to resolve them • Celebrate diversity of thought and have an open mindset
• Take an active role in fostering a culture of continual learning, taking risks without the fear of making mistakes
What we are looking for:
• 1- 2 years writing and community management experience; strong writing portfolio preferred • Journalism, Communications, or related field
• Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO, web analytics and social media with community building experience
• Experience drafting social posts, working with editorial and content calendars
• Agility and adaptability to pivot priorities—no two working days are the same
• Proficiency of social media listening and publishing tools such as Hootsuite, Later, and Sprout Social
• Demonstrated curiosity and enthusiasm to learn and solve problems
• Demonstrated knowledge of cultural trends and brands on social
• Ability to understand and uphold rules and regs for community management
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail and accountability
• Desire to keep informed on changing technologies and their applications
• Innate desire to share knowledge to help others grow (peers, community)
• Bilingualism in English and French considered an asset
APEX PR/ruckus Digital is committed to offering competitive pay for the role and experience that the candidate brings. This is an opportunity to work with the best PR teams in the business. We offer learning, development and mentorship so that our team can grow, and we can promote from within where possible. We offer comprehensive health and dental benefits. COVID has been a difficult time for all small businesses. We have prioritized taking care of our team through transparency, virtual team days, continued learning and a company-wide bonus structure.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We currently work remotely with a plan to return to office when healthcare authorities feel that it is safe to do so.
To apply, please e-mail your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. APEX Public Relations is dedicated to employment equity and welcomes diversity in the workplace. We recognize that the best candidate may not meet all of the criteria listed above. We encourage all those interested and with relevant experience to apply even if they don’t match the job posting perfectly. We welcome diverse, out-of-the-box thinking, and we strive to provide an environment for learning, growth and innovation.
If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to email@example.com.