READY TO RAISE A RUCKUS: MEET ELSPETH
Elspeth Baird is ruckus’ newest team member, joining our team as Group Director, Digital and Content. Elspeth’s role will focus on senior client counsel and leadership on all digital aspects, and she will also support new business growth. Learn more about her below.
1. How has your previous work or volunteer experience helped you get to where you are today?
“Enrolling in a Bachelor of Public Relations program was a critical step in jumpstarting my career. It was a cooperative education program that included three work placements or internships. I was in a traditional PR function for my first placement and the other two were at an integrated marketing agency where I gained experience in both digital and social media and experiential marketing. I fell in love with that digital and social life, so I ended up going all-in soon after I graduated.”
2. What are you most passionate about professionally? Personally?
“I love how social media marketing requires both analytical and creative chops. Getting the numbers to confess their truth is one of the most exhilarating parts of the strategic planning process. Once you have that clean data-driven insight, the approach and the various touchpoints for a plan often become clear.
On my down time, I like to travel (especially to Scotland to revisit my family roots) and go to various live music shows across the city.”
3. What moment or accomplishment in your career are you most proud of?
“That’s like asking me to name my favourite child. However, all my career highlights do have a common thread and that’s when I’m working with a client partner that feels like an extension of the agency team and we try the ‘untried’ and succeed. There’s something inspiring about seeing the team’s collaboration and efforts garner great results.”
4. How do you stay up to date on industry trends and best practices?
“I have my favourite tech and social news sites which I browse through almost daily. Client reports also really help with shaping content best practices since there is so much power in knowing what performs well for various brands, platforms, and target audiences.”
5. Is there something you hope to achieve while at Apex?
“My goal is always to continually evolve with the fast-paced digital and social media landscape and work with the team to provide clients with the best possible innovative solutions. I also hope to be a mentor and be mentored by various team members.”
6. Three interesting facts about yourself.
- “I bungee jumped off the original bungee jump of the world at Kawarau Bridge in New Zealand. I am in good company with many of the Lord of the Rings cast members doing the same.
- I’m a Scot! Sort of… I am of Scottish heritage. My sister and I were the first to be born in Canada.
- I am distantly related to John Logie Baird who invented the TV.”
Elspeth Baird is a Group Director at ruckus Digital
Need help with your social or digital strategy? Drop us a line.