Social Media Marketing Weekly Update
Check out our round up of all the great campaigns, links and notable reads this week.
- MTV is venturing into unknown territory with their attempt to reach their audience on KiK. It will be interesting to track their strategy as they discover the app’s features and work out its kinks.
- The White House released a full set of analytics for government websites. This is analytics heaven for those who like this type of thing and proves that data is everything.
- The New York Times writers are venturing into the social world and engaging with their readers across multiple platforms.
- If you were using Tinder at #SXSW you may have ran into a very attractive artist… who then turned out to be a character from the upcoming Ex Machina film.
- Cyber bullying is an important issue, and while we might enjoy watching a few celebrities read a couple of mean things, it’s not always funny. This campaign reminds us of that.
- This cat shelter redefines the definition of “catfishing” on Tinder.
- If you made the mistake of tweeting at #SWSX instead of #SXSW, this campaign quickly let you know and even gave you a free energy drink. Kudos to demonstrating how effective social listening can be in identifying activation opportunities.