ruckus is about working with great companies that have the guts to create truly amazing stories. Do you have what it takes to be part of our team?
ruckus is about working with great companies that have the guts to create truly amazing stories. We help brands unlock their inner editorial voice and share it with the world in meaningful ways. We are looking for a Manager, Content & Client Development, who thrives in a creative environment where exceptional execution is valued as much as great strategy. You work collaboratively, think globally and firmly believe that you can advance and transform your client’s businesses. And you make it happen every day.
Some brands and clients still need, for strategic reasons, a traditional transactional public relations approach focused on mainstream media and direct-to-target audience engagement. Others require a more content oriented approach that engages target audiences, often simultaneously, via social, web, influencers, experiential and paid. This is the rationale behind ruckus: to strategize, innovate and execute content-oriented storytelling across owned and paid channels.
What’s the gig:
ruckus is looking for a Manager, Content & Client Development to join our growing entrepreneurial team. Reporting to the Director of Content Strategy, this position will focus on the art of storytelling and getting our thought leadership into the hands of our target audience. You will develop content marketing strategies by design, not happenstance. The role collaborates closely with the firm’s lines of business and practices.
How you can help us grow:
- You are a magnet and your colleagues/clients will love collaborating with you. You are able to work across a diverse group of peers, practitioners and executive leaders to capture and translate ideas into thought leadership that fuels the demand generation engine.
- You can take your readers on a journey through creative narratives that explain business value in a simple way. You have killer instincts when it comes to integrating both digital and tangible assets to unfold these stories. Whether you are crafting for a client, business or creative audience, your stories engage and dazzle.
- You understand the pace, tools, venues, conferences and platforms available to develop and share our points of view, creating engagement and relationships with our target audience.
- Developing content for the right industry is part of your DNA – you know how to construct and share stories in a way that grabs industry influencer’s attention. Keeping your fingers on the pulse of the marketplace energizes you as you think about how to syndicate the firm’s thought leadership.
- You’re excited to grow a business from the ground up.
- You will work seamlessly with our PR partner APEX to coordinate communications and extend reach.
What you bring to the table:
- Can translate the expertise of multiple disciplines (e.g. human factors, brand, product, service design, business strategy, engineering, etc.) into client and marketplace relevance.
- Strong writing and copy editing skills, grounded in a marketing context. When applying, please include examples of work that showcase your creative and business writing and digital portfolio.
- Fluency in digital, web and emerging technology.
- Well versed in the language and needs of a robust marketing organization (agency experience an asset).
- Understand the mechanics of communication and public relations.
- Strong creative mind-set with a passion for design, innovation and technology; share original and new ideas.
- Communicate exceptionally through words, pictures and stories and sell an idea/concept into a client
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 + years of experience in a marketing, publishing and writing function.
- Ability to thrive in and manage ambiguity; curious, emphatic and energetic.
Not required but really helpful:
- Intimate knowledge and use of social channels (all of them)
- Google Ad Words and SEO/SEM
- Analytics and Metrics (Google, Sysomos, etc.)
- Knowledge of Photoshop, In Design, Adobe suite of products
- HTML and CSS
- Video production skills
We want to meet great people who are interested in working in a start-up environment where culture matters and curiosity is valued.
Send your resume/info on your ruckus making habits to: firstname.lastname@example.org