This week in social media
– Google enters the competition with Apple in the mobile pay technology field. The search giant finalized the acquisition of softcard techonology.
– Pinterest is starting for new ways to monetize as the platform explores new ad offerings.
– Digital Ad targeting is becoming an important factor in the Canadian marketing landscape. Via eMarketer.
– On the theme of Pinterest, eMarketer discusses the rise of the social platform and predicts the near future for its marketing potential.
– Dove delivered a fantastic example on how to utilize live tweeting during an event. A mix of both analytics and clever strategy, the ad hoc campaign demonstrates the impact of live social media.
– Similar to Humans of New York, other users have been empowered to use Instagram as an agent of change.
– A lot of news coming from Pinterest this week. This is your opportunity to catch up on the platform essentials with WTR – Pinterest.